Sunday, October 18, 2009

Composite 13 - Flying Off The Monitor




This is my new laptop. I went camping last summer and took it with me, so that the detachment from technology in general and Photoshop in particular wouldn't be too abrupt. ;)
One day I was sitting outside, setting up the computer and I decided to take a shot of it, without giving much thought about what to do with the image afterward. The laptop was evenly lit with the natural light and I didn't care about the reflections in the monitor. I placed my camera in the tripod and fired a few shots using the self timer.
One month later, at home, I opened one of the images in Photoshop and started to sweep it: Levels, curves, brightness, contrast, saturation, desaturation, burn, dodge, clone, heal... well, all the usual steps of my post-processing. Then I start choosing some other older photos, previously edited, - some of them have been published here in the past months - to place them in the monitor of the laptop, in the way you see above, to finish the composition. I hope you like it!
..........
"Voando Para Fora do Monitor". Este é o meu novo portátil. Fui acampar este verão e levei-o comigo, para que o afastamento da tecnologia em geral e do Photoshop em particular não fosse demasiado brusco. ;)
Um dia, estava sentado cá fora, a configurar o computador e decidi tirar-lhe um retrato, sem pensar muito sobre o que fazer depois com a imagem. O portátil estava iluminado homogeneamente com a luz natural e eu não me preocupei com os reflexos no monitor. Coloquei a câmara no tripé e fiz alguns disparos utilizando o "self timer".
Um mês depois, em casa, abri uma das imagens no Photoshop e comecei a "varrê-la": Levels, curves, brightness, contrast, saturation, desaturation, burn, dodge, clone, heal... Bem, os passos do costume na minha pós-produção de imagens. Comecei então por escolher algumas fotos mais antigas, previamente trabalhadas, - algumas já foram aqui publicadas nos últimos mêses - para as montar no monitor do portátil, da maneira que se se vê, para terminar a composição. Espero que gostem!

2 comments:

  1. Bem pensado... além disso essa tem de ser mais cara 13 fotos em uma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Era bom que cada venda valesse o mesmo que 13, lá isso era!

    ReplyDelete