Sunday, January 25, 2009

HDR 03 - Blazing Sky

rollover to see original image

This set of 4 exposures was captured in my last Summer vacations, in August '08. The location was in Algarve near the beach of Pera, in a lake right behind the sand dunes.
I was guessing there was going to be a beautiful sunset so, as I was leaving the beach, I picked up my tripod from the car and headed to the lake. Soon I witnessed one of the most beautiful red, blazing skies I had ever seen! The clouds were on fire and the reflection in the water surface was amazing.
I looked for the best angle to take a few shots, with the HDR image in mind. I didn't have much time because the Sun was going down fast, so probably this was not the perfect point of view. Even so, I managed to compose the scene with some foreground texture to add interest and a sense of perspective to the image.
After merging the 4 exposures in Photomatix, I opened the resulting HDR in Photoshop to correct the lens distortion and add a boost in contrast.
..........
Este grupo de 4 exposições foi tirado nas minhas últimas férias de Verão, em Agosto de 2008, no Algarve, perto da praia de Pera num lago que se encontra mesmo atrás das dunas.
Eu já estava a prever que ía estar um belo por-do-Sol, por isso, quando saí da praia, peguei no tripé que tinha no carro e dirigi-me para o lago. Pouco depois assisti a um dos mais espectaculares céus que tinha visto até então: De um vermelho fogo tão intenso que parecia que as nuvens estavam a arder. E o seu reflexo no lago era incrível! Procurei o melhor ângulo para tirar algumas fotos, já com o HDR em mente. Não tinha muito tempo porque o Sol depressa se escondia mais e por isso, provavelmente, este não era o melhor ponto de vista. Mesmo assim, procurei incluir na composição um pouco da textura do chão no primeiro plano para dar interesse e uma noção de perspectiva à imagem.
Depois de combinar as 4 exposições no Photomatix, abri o HDR resultante no Photoshop para corrigir a distorção e aumentar o contraste.

No comments:

Post a Comment