Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Composite 09 - Surf Dude?



Naaa... Not quite. He wish he was that cool! This is my nephew. He's more into "Magic The Gathering" and the closest he has been to a board was with his fingers in a tiny Tech Deck skateboard. He wouldn't hang in a surfboard for 2 seconds! :-D
Browsing older photos in my hard-drive, I found this portrait of him that I took last year. I decided to work a bit on it and added a nice cloudy sky. Then I thought: "He looks like a surfer with that long, wet blond hair. What if I add that surfboard that I snapped in that beach last month?..."
He liked the final image so much that it is now on his Hi5 profile.
..........
"Será Surfista?".
Naaa... nem por isso. Isso gostava ele de ter essa pinta! Este é o meu sobrinho. A onda dele é mais "Magic The Gathering" e o mais perto que esteve de uma prancha foi com os dedinhos num minúsculo skateboard da Tech Deck. Ele não se aguentava 2 segundos numa prancha de surf! :-D
Estava a rever fotos mais antigas no meu disco-rígido e encontrei este retrato dele que tirei no ano passado. Decidi trabalha-lo um pouco e adicionei um belo céu com nuvens. Então pensei: "Ele parece mesmo um surfista com aquele cabelo comprido e louro todo molhado. E se eu adicionasse a foto da prancha de surf que tirei naquela praia no mês passado?..."
Ele gostou tanto da imagem final que até a definiu como foto de perfil do seu Hi5.

3 comments:

  1. Great work! Wish I could use PS the way you do. You did a great job with his hair too. BTW, nice looking nephew you have ;) Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bowled over by your talent Carlos. Great job! You are so talented !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sil. I'll tell him that he has an admirer! ;-)

    Thank you Jay for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete